Iis6Website multiple ServerBindings

Aug 27, 2010 at 1:44 PM

It's quite a common need to add multiple server bindings (host headers) to an IIS Website.  After spending a long time looking I eventually found how to do this by inspecting the source code.  Multiple server bindings need to be pipe delimited like so:

Properties="ServerBindings=:80:first.host.header|:80:second.host.header"

There is, however, nothing I could find in the API reference to say this. Please could the Iis6Website class documentation be updated with some details of how to add multiple host headers to assist others in avoiding such pain.

Thanks, Aaron

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the feedback and I'm sorry you encountered difficulty with the task.

I've updated the online help for 3.5.7.0 & 4.0.1.0 to include this information. The compiled help files will be updated with the next release.

The documentation is a very important part of this pack so please do continue to raise issues; it's much appreciated.

Regards

Mike

Aug 28, 2010 at 12:34 AM
Thanks for the quality response. I should say that the product is great and I have made excellent progress today towards automating our build process.

Thanks again.

Aaron.

On 27 Aug 2010, at 16:41, mikefourie wrote:

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the feedback and I'm sorry you encountered difficulty with the task.

I've updated the online help for 3.5.7.0 & 4.0.1.0 to include this information. The compiled help files will be updated with the next release.

The documentation is a very important part of this pack so please do continue to raise issues; it's much appreciated.

Regards

Mike

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MSBuildExtensionPack@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MSBuildExtensionPack@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com