InnerText in XmlFile task escape the characters automatically, which is not what I intended.

Jan 24, 2011 at 3:03 PM

While trying to do something  similar to the configuration replacement from MS's Web deployment project, I read an section from an XML file using ReadElementXML, which is all good and fine.

However when I write it using UpdateElement, setting the InnerText with the string I got from ReadElementXML, I got the problem of that it automatically escape my character from "<" to "&lt;" etc. I checked the source code and it using the XmlNode 's InnerText  property. I think people may want to set the raw text with "InnerXML" instead of InnerText. I think that would be useful for people wanting to do that.

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 1:45 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. This functionality is now in the code base: http://msbuildextensionpack.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/60785

Mike