Vb6 Build with reference.

Feb 16, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Hello,

I have 2 Dll 

1. GfkKynetecFramework
  2. GfkKynetecNet

GfkKynetecNet has a reference to GfkKynetecFramework

Reference=*\G{10E04BDE-DEC3-4A60-9E2A-F65538AB4196}#f.0#0#..\GfkKynetecFramework\Bin\GfkKynetecFramework.dll#

I have a VBP Build.vbg : 

VBGROUP 5.0
Project=GfkKynetecFramework\GfkKynetecFramework.vbp
Project=GfkKynetecNet\GfkKynetecNet.vbp

I have a Build.xml

<Project ToolsVersion="4.0" DefaultTargets="Default" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">

<PropertyGroup>
    <TPath>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\ExtensionPack\4.0\MSBuild.ExtensionPack.tasks</TPath>
    <TPath Condition="Exists('C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\ExtensionPack\4.0\MSBuild.ExtensionPack.tasks')">C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\ExtensionPack\4.0\MSBuild.ExtensionPack.tasks </TPath>
  </PropertyGroup>
  <Import Project="$(TPath)"/>

<PropertyGroup>
    <VBPath>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\VB6.exe</VBPath>
    <VBPath Condition="Exists('C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\VB6.exe')">C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\VB6.exe</VBPath>
  </PropertyGroup>

<ItemGroup>
    <ProjectsToBuild Include="build.vbg">
      <OutDir>$(OutDir)</OutDir>
      <!-- Note the special use of ChgPropVBP metadata to change project properties at Build Time -->
      <ChgPropVBP>RevisionVer=4;CompatibleMode="0"</ChgPropVBP>
    </ProjectsToBuild>
  </ItemGroup>
  <Target Name="Default">
    <!-- Build a collection of VB6 projects -->
    <MSBuild.ExtensionPack.VisualStudio.VB6 TaskAction="Build" Projects="@(ProjectsToBuild)" VB6Path="$(VBPath)"/>
  </Target>

<Target Name="clean">
    <Message Text="Cleaning - this is where the deletes would go"/>
  </Target>

</Project>

When i try to build i have this error:
 C:\Builds\2\SharedLibraries\Continous Integration VB6\Sources\Main\Source\Vb6\build.xml (23):  Unable to set the version compatible component: C:\Builds\2\SharedLibraries\Continous Integration VB6\Sources\Main\Source\Vb6\GfkKynetecFramework\Bin\GfkKynetecFramework.dll One or more of the properties in 'C:\Builds\2\SharedLibraries\Continous Integration VB6\Sources\Main\Source\Vb6\GfkKynetecFramework\GfkKynetecFramework.vbp' was bad.  Some or all of the properties might not be set correctly. 

Probleme is due to link with GfkKynetecFramework.dll when it try to compile GfkKynetecNet.dll

Tanks to help me.

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Sorry, I'm not sure. you may want to search some vb forums, e.g. http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=585252

Mike

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:33 PM

In fact it's a mix with VB, TFS, Builder.

My dlls compil correctly on my computer

but how to build a project that referenced a DLL build previews project build (without registering this dll in system32 after build.)