Authflags, ScriptMappings & Wildcard Mappings for IIS7

Nov 2, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Currently I can see no way to set handlers for a site

In particular I am in need to be able to set script maps and wildcard mappings, the previous task set did not do this either and I had to resort to writing my own MSBuild task which directly manipulated the metabase to do this, I thought it would be a good addition to the kit.

Also I'd like to be able to change the Authentication mechanism (Anon, ASP.NET Impersonation, Basic Auth, Digest Forms and Windows), this was all possible with the IIS6 tasks but I cannot see how it is possible with the new IIS7 tasks.

Is any of this possible with the current codebase ?

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2011 at 8:31 PM

scriptmaps can be done using the iis6 virtual directory task (you could just pass in properties metadata, e.g. ScriptMaps=.aspx,$(MSBuild2BinPath)\aspnet_isapi.dll,1,GET,HEAD,POST|.ashx,$(MSBuild2BinPath)\aspnet_isapi.dll,1,GET,HEAD,POST|.svc,$(MSBuild2BinPath)\aspnet_isapi.dll,1,GET,HEAD,POST)

I dont see this in the IIS7 tasks :-(

Authentication settings for the website were added here http://msbuildextensionpack.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/69120

Mike

Nov 4, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Thanks for the pointer on the IIS6 stuff, I've got rid of some custom code I wrote to do that, shame its not in IIS7 tasks I will for now have to search for an alternative way of doing this, appcmd ? as time for me now is severely curtailed.