TFS2010 Build Report showing multiple entries after using DevEnv task

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I need to build a few projects with DevEnv in my TFS2010 build. I have added a new MSBuild activity to my build process that calls my msbuild script which uses the DevEnv task. As part of the parameters to the msbuild script, I pass in the name of the solution to build (which comes from the list of projects added to the build definition) and all other required parameters. When this runs through the build process all is successful, but my build summary contains multiple entries. 

Here is a sample of what my build summary looks like:

Summary

Release | x86

0 errors, 0 warnings

MyProject.proj - 0 errors, 4 warnings, View Log Files

(shows warnings)

MyProject - 0 errors, 4 warnings

5 projects/soluctions compiled

(lists all 5 projects again)

Release | x86

0 errors, 16 warnings

MyProject.proj - 0 errors, 4 warnings, View Log Files

(shows warnings)

5 projects/soluctions compiled

(lists all 5 projects again)

Is there anyway to correct this behavior so that there is only 1 Release|x86 section and only 1 project is listed?

serverBuildProjectItem.TFSProjectProperties.compilerOptions.Platform
Apr 3, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Just wondering if anyone else has tried to use the DevEnv task within the TFS2010 build system?

Apr 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Is there a full sample out there on using the devenv task?

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Help is available here: http://www.msbuildextensionpack.com/

Mike

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I have read the help multiple times, and with more searching I think I know whats wrong here. This task is really just for use with the UpgradeTemplate in TFS2010. 

Here is what I'm trying to do:

Write a simple msbuild script that will build a project using devenv. I'm using the DefaultTemplate and just specifying my msbuild script in the project list. So I need my solution/project to build, plus have its output copied to OutDir.

I have tried the VSDevenv task but, can't figure out how to get the built files copied to OutDir. 

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Coordinator
Apr 16, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Have you tried the workflow activity version in http://tfsbuildextensions.codeplex.com/