.Web.Iis7Website from remote CI server --UnauthorizedAccessException: Retrieving the COM

May 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Good day. 

I have been fighting this beast now for two days. I initially was running my CI server and msbuild project from a windows 2003 server and attempting to shutdown my remote IIS7 server. This obviously died in flames. So we cloned the PreProdWeb (PPweb1) as a CI server and got that running. 

Once up and running we enabled management on the PPweb1 server and were able to connect via IIS7 manager. I thought by now my battle would be over. However it is not. Windows Firewall is disabled on both machines. same version of IIS 7.5 on both machines. I connect to the remote via the same settings below. 

<Target Name="StopIIS">
<Message Text="Attempting to stop IIS" />
<MSBuild.ExtensionPack.Web.Iis7Website  MachineName="PPWeb1.appzone.local" UserName="user"  UserPassword="pass"  TaskAction="Stop" Name="Default Web Site" /> <Message Text="Stopped IIS." />

C:\BuildFiles>MSBuild.exe ReduxBuild.xml /t:StopIISMicrosoft (R) Build Engine Version 4.0.30319.1[Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 4.0.30319.261]Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2007. All rights reserved.
Build started 5/11/2012 12:09:31 PM.Project "C:\BuildFiles\ReduxBuild.xml" on node 1 (StopIIS target(s)).StopIIS:  Attempting to stop IISC:\BuildFiles\ReduxBuild.xml(57,3): error : UnauthorizedAccessException: Retrieving the COM class factory for remote component with CLSID {2B72133B-3F5B-4602-8952-803546CE3344} from machine PPWeb1.appzone.local failed due to the following error: 80070005 PPWeb1.appzone.local.\rC:\BuildFiles\ReduxBuild.xml(57,3): error :Done Building Project "C:\BuildFiles\ReduxBuild.xml" (StopIIS target(s)) -- FAILED.

Do you have ANY idea why this is happening? the only useful link I have seen thus far is here but this seems pretty flaky to have to go to this extent. 

Thanks for any assistance you might have. This is causing a ton of headaches.