MSBuild.ExtensionPack.VisualStudio.SourceSafe - bug

Oct 9, 2008 at 3:34 PM

MSBuild.ExtensionPack.VisualStudio.SourceSafe

workingdirectory property is not working. I mean checksout files from VSS to current directory where msbuild file exists.

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2008 at 11:15 PM
Thanks for the bug report, it looks like the WorkingDirectory is not currently used in the task.

To get this to work as intended,

Instead of:
<MSBuild.ExtensionPack.VisualStudio.SourceSafe TaskAction="Checkout" Database="C:\SourceSafe" UserName="Michael" FilePath="$//Demo/*.*" WorkingDirectory="C:\Demo2">

Drop the WorkingDirectory and provide the Arguments property. In the example below, a recursive get is done to C:\Demo
<MSBuild.ExtensionPack.VisualStudio.SourceSafe TaskAction="Checkout" Database="C:\SourceSafe" UserName="Michael" FilePath="$//Demo/*.*" Arguments="-GLC:\Demo2 -R"/>

The SourceSafe task is a very light wrapper to ss.exe that exposes a lot of functionality via the Arguments property (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hsxzf2az(VS.80).aspx).

I will create a work item to review and improve the functionality and usability of this class.

Mike
Oct 12, 2008 at 7:44 PM
Edited Oct 12, 2008 at 8:00 PM
Can I also add that when using the source safe command option -GL<path> that you will need to add -I- to cancel the question that ss.exe will ask about making the <path> the default folder, so the Arguments attribute will need to be "-GLC:\Demo2 -R -I-".

Mike, I know from looking at the source code that you default the arguments string to -I-, is it also worth appending -I- to the arguments string once it has been populated?  Actually forget that, it would probably cause more pain than it's worth.

Glenn.