No process is associated with this object.

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:35 AM
This error is added to the build log when i use the TfsSource task. I recently upgraded to v3.5.1.0, it didn't happen in v3.5.0.0. A small piece of the logging is below:

Using "MSBuild.ExtensionPack.VisualStudio.TfsSource" task from assembly "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\ExtensionPack\MSBuild.ExtensionPack.dll".
Task "MSBuild.ExtensionPack.VisualStudio.TfsSource"
Resolve TF.exe path
Unable to resolve TF.exe path. Assuming it is in the PATH environment variable.
TF Operation: Checkout
Executing tf.exe checkout "C:\Develop\Erbis60\version.rc" /noprompt /recursive
C:\Documents and Settings\TFSService\Local Settings\Temp\Erbis\Erbis Main Helios (On Demand)\BuildType\TFSBuild.proj(72,3): error : InvalidOperationException: No process is associated with this object.
C:\Documents and Settings\TFSService\Local Settings\Temp\Erbis\Erbis Main Helios (On Demand)\BuildType\TFSBuild.proj(72,3): error :
Done executing task "MSBuild.ExtensionPack.VisualStudio.TfsSource" -- FAILED.

Does anyone know why this is caused?

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2009 at 11:43 AM
Looks like a bug. I can repro here. Will look at it asap. Mike
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2009 at 12:34 PM
Ok, I have some bad code that is masking the real exception. Are you setting the WorkingDirectory for the task, and does it exist?

Could you post your sample? I'll get a fix checked in, but would like to make sure it resolves your issues too.

Thanks

Mike
Feb 12, 2009 at 1:18 PM
Edited Feb 12, 2009 at 1:34 PM

This path is in the WorkingDirectory for the task:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE

The following code is what i use to call the task:

<
CreateItem Include="C:\Develop\Erbis60\*.rc">
    <
Output ItemName="VersionRc" TaskParameter="Include" />
</
CreateItem>
<
MSBuild.ExtensionPack.VisualStudio.TfsSource TaskAction="Checkout" ItemCol="@(VersionRc)" WorkingDirectory="$(TfsWorkingDir)" />

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2009 at 1:24 PM
Does it work if you use this:

<CreateItem Include="C:\Develop\Erbis60\*.rc">
    <
Output ItemName="VersionRc" TaskParameter="Include" />
</
CreateItem>

<MSBuild.ExtensionPack.VisualStudio.TfsSource TaskAction="Checkout" ItemCol="@(VersionRc)" WorkingDirectory="C:\Develop\Erbis60" />
Feb 12, 2009 at 1:46 PM
When i read that i thought it wouldn't work because i used that old path to ensure tf.exe could be found. Turns out it can be found, but even with this working directory i still get the same error as mentioned in my first post.
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2009 at 1:57 PM
Can you email me at feedback@msbuildextensionpack.com and I will send you a private fix to test, or at least it will show the real error.
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2009 at 4:50 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.