Problem using MSBuild.ExtensionPack.Tfs.TeamBuild TaskParameter="Info"

Oct 14, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I'am trying to use the GetLatest task of the MSBuild.ExtensionPack.Tfs.TeamBuild, and I get the error message :

D:\BuildAgent\Adm.TracabiliteDemo\Gce.AbCredit_Packaging_RecetteMoe\BuildType\TFSBuild.proj(138,5): error : MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Client.BuildReason Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Client.IBuildDetail.get_Reason()'.

It works correctly on the desktop build, but the error is persistent on the build server.

I even tryed on another build server  upgraded with Visual Studio 2008 SP1, but the error is the same.

I use :

MSBuild.ExtensionPack.Tfs.dll Assembly Version   (desktop and build server version)

I would be very grateful for any direction to look for.

The task RelatedWorkItems, of the same package, works fine on the build server.

Jean-Marie Rablat

Some extracts from my MSBuild script:

<Project ToolsVersion="3.5" DefaultTargets="Default" xmlns="">

<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft\VisualStudio\TeamBuild\Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.targets" />

<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\MSBuildCommunityTasks\MSBuild.Community.Tasks.Targets"/>

<!-- Import des tâches spécifiques GceFrameworkAddInTasks : gestion du numéro de version -->

<!--<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\GceFrameworkAddInTasks\Gce.Framework.AddIn.targets" Condition=" '$(IsDesktopBuild)' == 'false' "/>-->

<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\GceFrameworkAddInTasks\Gce.Framework.AddIn.targets"/>

<!-- Import des tâches SetupProjectTasks : gestion du Productcode spécificaque pour chaque environnement de recette -->

<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\SetupProjects\SetupProjects.Targets" />

<!-- Import des tâches MSBuildExtensionPack -->

<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\ExtensionPack\MSBuild.ExtensionPack.tasks" />

<Target Name="RecupereCSDerniereBuildPackagingDev">

<MSBuild.ExtensionPack.Tfs.TeamBuild TaskAction="GetLatest" TeamFoundationServerUrl="$(TeamFoundationServerUrl)" TeamProject="$(TeamProject)" BuildDefinitionName="$(GceBuildNameReference)">

<Output ItemName="BuildInfo" TaskParameter="Info"/>

<Message Text="BuildAgentDirectory: %(BuildInfo.BuildAgentDirectory)"/>

Sep 25, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I can say that I was getting this issue, it was frustrating, certainly at seeing the response.  Having worked this through, the problem exists in the Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Client file.  I noticed a difference in the version on my build agent and also in the AssemblyReferences folder. 

I upgraded my TFS Build Agent to SP1, and I am not getting the data from this method.  My suggestion is to try this option, since there is VS2008 SP1 and there is TFS2008 SP1.  The Build agent uses TFS2008 SP1.

TFS2008 SP1

Would be curious to know what the result is.