MSBuild Extention Pack baseless Merge syntax error

Oct 16, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Hi All,

I am working on Team Build Automation with auto merging for verification purpose.

After analysing many tools , I decided to use MSBuild Extention pact for my customizations.

The Baseless merge script generated in 3.5.4.0 version giving the following error.

Exit Code 100. Nothing Succeeded: Unrecognized command option 'baseless$/sadf/TeamBuildCode/ClassLibrary1-branch'.

I observerved a space is missing /baseless switch and the destinaion folder.

Following is the script for ref. 

<MSBuild.ExtensionPack.VisualStudio.TfsSource TaskAction="Merge"   
    ItemPath="$/sadf/TeamBuildCode/BaselessMerge"
    Destination="$/sadf/TeamBuildCode/ClassLibrary1-branch"
    WorkingDirectory="D:\C2Build\WorkingDir\sadf\MergeBuild2\Sources"
          Baseless="true">
 </MSBuild.ExtensionPack.VisualStudio.TfsSource>

any info on this is very helpful.

Thanking you all for the great contributions.

-- Muzib

muzib.net@gmail.com

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Hi

This looks like a silly bug in the task. I have checked in a fix to the 3.5.5.0 branch. In the mean time, i think you can work around it by prefixing your Destination with a space, i.e.

Destination=" $/sadf/TeamBuildCode/ClassLibrary1-branch"

Thanks for reporting this.

Mike

Oct 20, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Thanks Mike for the response with the work around.

Regards

Muzib

Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 6:41 PM
To: Ahamed, Muzib (Cognizant)
Subject: Re: MSBuild Extention Pack baseless Merge syntax error [MSBuildExtensionPack:72200]

Hi

This looks like a silly bug in the task. I have checked in a fix to the 3.5.5.0 branch. In the mean time, i think you can work around it by prefixing your Destination with a space, i.e.

Destination=" $/sadf/TeamBuildCode/ClassLibrary1-branch"

Thanks for reporting this.

Mike

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MSBuildExtensionPack@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MSBuildExtensionPack@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Oct 20, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Hi Mike, 

This work around is not working because the Command is getting composed as.

/baseless" $/sadf/TeamBuildCode/ClassLibrary1-branch"

When I previously downloaded the code and modified and build locally and replace the MSBuild.ExtensionPack.dll  following error is generated.

D:\C2Build\WorkingDir\sadf\MergeBuild2\BuildType\TFSBuild.proj(255,3): error MSB4062: The "MSBuild.ExtensionPack.VisualStudio.TfsSource" task could not be loaded from the assembly ------- MSBuild.ExtensionPack.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'MSBuild.ExtensionPack, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=10d297e8e737fe34' or one of its dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A) Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, and that the assembly and all its dependencies are available.

It looks some public key  or version related issue.

Please help me in setting up the codebase properly on my machine. I can also contribute the new tasks (BuildAutomation With Code Merger) what I am planning to develop. 

Thanks

Regards

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2009 at 7:24 PM

ah, ok, can you Run the following from a .net command prompt:  sn.exe -Vr *,10d297e8e737fe34