Building the Solution / Sql2008 issues

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:58 PM
Edited Oct 28, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Hi there,

I'm having issues building the solution correctly from source.

error MSB4062: The "MSBuild.ExtensionPack.VisualStudio.SourceSafe" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\ExtensionPack\MSBuild.ExtensionPack.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'MSBuild.ExtensionPack, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=10d297e8e737fe34' or one of its dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A) Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, and that the assembly and all its dependencies are available.

I notice the the MSBuild.ExtensionPack.tasks file references one dll, for example, for BizTask rather than the 5 or so that are created when building direct from the recent solution (3.5.3.0). The MSBuild.ExtensionPack.BizTalk.dll is referenced however the Microsoft.BizTalk.Admin.dll, etc. dll's are generated by the build. [CORRECTED --- I notice that all of the dll's are there so I only have to get around the Strong Name Validation I'm assuming]

Can someone help? I am trying to build in some additional functionality for the Sql2008 Restore Task (specifically being able to move the MDF and LDF) but I can't get the current build to work.

Any ideas?

Oct 28, 2009 at 7:10 PM

I hate answering my own questions... :)

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bin>sn -Vr *,10d297e8e737fe34