Unable to set BizTalkAssembly's DeploymentPath parameter

Mar 14, 2011 at 12:38 PM
Edited Mar 14, 2011 at 5:00 PM

I'm trying to use MSBuild.ExtensionPack.BizTalk.BizTalkAssembly's DeploymentPath parameter setting assembly's "Destination Location":

<MSBuild.ExtensionPack.BizTalk.BizTalkAssembly TaskAction="Add" Application="$(App)" Assemblies="@(Assembly)" DeploymentPath="%BTAD_InstallDir%\myCompany"/>

I expect that "Destination Location" of each assembly added to application will be set to "%BTAD_InstallDir%\myCompany\myBizTalkAssembly.dll"

But "Destination Location" property remains empty.

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong?

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2011 at 10:02 PM

What is %BTAD_InstallDir% ?

If its an environment variable, use $(BTAD_InstallDir)

Mike

Apr 7, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Hi Mike,

Thank you for responce.

When you add BizTalk assembly using BizTalk Administration Console, there is property called "Destination Location".
This property is by default populated with value:
"%BTAD_InstallDir%\myBizTalkAssembly.dll"

Once I use msbuild task like:
<MSBuild.ExtensionPack.BizTalk.BizTalkAssembly TaskAction="Add" Application="$(App)" Assemblies="@(Assembly)" DeploymentPath="%BTAD_InstallDir%\myCompany"/

Destination Location property remains empty.

I'm wondering if DeploymentPath use to set Destination Location property?
If, not how to set this property using MSBuild.ExtensionPack.BizTalk.BizTalkAssembly task?

Thanks,
Lev

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2011 at 4:24 PM

DeploymentPath only supports a resolvable path as the code does this

DeploymentPath = Path.Combine(Path.GetDirectoryName(this.DeploymentPath) ?? string.Empty, Path.GetFileName(assemblyPath)),

Can you tokenise %BTAD_InstallDir% and pass that in.

Mike

Apr 7, 2011 at 5:11 PM
Edited Apr 28, 2011 at 7:38 PM

1. %BTAD_InstallDir% is used at deployment time in order to allow deployment of BizTalk application MSIs at hosts with non-standard BizTalk installation folder.
Using hard coded path introduces limitation on exported MSI deployment.

2. Even after setting DeploymentPath="C:\myCompany" deployed assemblies have empty Destination Location parameters.

Lev

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Right. Looks like we have a flaw. Let me look into it... Mike

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Resolved here: http://msbuildextensionpack.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/69325

This will ship in the September release.

Thanks for logging the issue.

Mike