Unable to set BizTalkAssembly's DeploymentPath parameter

Mar 14, 2011 at 11:38 AM
Edited Mar 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM

I'm trying to use MSBuild.ExtensionPack.BizTalk.BizTalkAssembly's DeploymentPath parameter setting assembly's "Destination Location":

<MSBuild.ExtensionPack.BizTalk.BizTalkAssembly TaskAction="Add" Application="$(App)" Assemblies="@(Assembly)" DeploymentPath="%BTAD_InstallDir%\myCompany"/>

I expect that "Destination Location" of each assembly added to application will be set to "%BTAD_InstallDir%\myCompany\myBizTalkAssembly.dll"

But "Destination Location" property remains empty.

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong?

Apr 4, 2011 at 9:02 PM

What is %BTAD_InstallDir% ?

If its an environment variable, use $(BTAD_InstallDir)

Apr 7, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Hi Mike,

Thank you for responce.

When you add BizTalk assembly using BizTalk Administration Console, there is property called "Destination Location".
This property is by default populated with value:

Once I use msbuild task like:
<MSBuild.ExtensionPack.BizTalk.BizTalkAssembly TaskAction="Add" Application="$(App)" Assemblies="@(Assembly)" DeploymentPath="%BTAD_InstallDir%\myCompany"/

Destination Location property remains empty.

I'm wondering if DeploymentPath use to set Destination Location property?
If, not how to set this property using MSBuild.ExtensionPack.BizTalk.BizTalkAssembly task?

Apr 7, 2011 at 3:24 PM

DeploymentPath only supports a resolvable path as the code does this

DeploymentPath = Path.Combine(Path.GetDirectoryName(this.DeploymentPath) ?? string.Empty, Path.GetFileName(assemblyPath)),

Can you tokenise %BTAD_InstallDir% and pass that in.

Apr 7, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Edited Apr 28, 2011 at 6:38 PM

1. %BTAD_InstallDir% is used at deployment time in order to allow deployment of BizTalk application MSIs at hosts with non-standard BizTalk installation folder.
Using hard coded path introduces limitation on exported MSI deployment.

2. Even after setting DeploymentPath="C:\myCompany" deployed assemblies have empty Destination Location parameters.

Apr 7, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Right. Looks like we have a flaw. Let me look into it... Mike

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:44 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Aug 25, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Resolved here: http://msbuildextensionpack.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/69325

This will ship in the September release.

Thanks for logging the issue.