ComException received when connecting to server

Apr 11, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Hey Guys

Ive got an MSBUILD script where ive set the Username and Password properties as below

<MSBuild.ExtensionPack.Web.Iis7AppPool TaskAction="CheckExists" Name="@(WebSite -> '%(Name)')" MachineName="@(WebSite -> '%(MachineName)')" Username="username" UserPassword="password">

This throws the following error :

COMException: Retrieving the COM class factory for remote component with CLSID {2B72133B-3F5B-4602-8952-803546CE3344} from machine MYSERVER01 failed due to the following error: 800706ba MYSERVER01

RPC Service is up, Ports 135,445 are open....

I can remote desktop to MYServer01 with the username and password ok, the user is has admin rights.. Ive checked EventLog and i get the following "DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer using any of the configured protocols."

Firewalls are all currently disabled.

Any guidance would be really appreciated.

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Are you running from a server with IIS7 installed?

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:01 AM

This error has been resolved, i tried telnetting to the ports and they did infact appear to be closed, once they were opened this issue was resolved.

Im now receiving the following UnauthorizedAccessException: Retrieving the COM class factory for remote component with CLSID {2B72133B-3F5B-4602-8952-803546CE3344} from machine MYSERVER01failed due to the following error: 80070005 MYSERVER01.

It appears when deployment is occurring the user account assigned to the ms tfs Build service is being used to attempt to login to the destination machine, however this user account sits on a different domain......

I can open up the destination location via its UNC path...though since the destination server is in the DMZ I only can create local accounts and therefore the domain account used for the build service fails.