Receiving Invalid TaskAction Create using <MSBuild.ExtensionPack.FileSystem.File TaskAction="Create" Files="@(FilesToCreate)" />

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Task "MSBuild.ExtensionPack.FileSystem.File"    F:\CFF\Conversion\CV\CV 2.93.4.388640.install\CustomTargets\Conversion_GenerateEFALoadScripts.xml(30,5): error : Invalid TaskAction passed: Create  Done executing task "MSBuild.ExtensionPack.FileSystem.File" -- FAILED.

Not really sure where to go from here.  I need to be able generate some sql files from some database calls.  I was going to create the files then use writelines to write to them.  But I'm stuck on create.  Any help would be great!  

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2012 at 12:31 AM

are you using the april 2012 release?

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:49 AM
I'm not sure, how can I tell?
-------------------
Jason Cusati

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 7:32 PM, mikefourie <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

are you using the april 2012 release?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MSBuildExtensionPack@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MSBuildExtensionPack@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2012 at 2:02 PM

depends how you installed. either the add / remove progrmas will list it or look at the assemblies.

April versions are 3.5.11.0 and 4.0.5.0

Aug 3, 2012 at 8:47 PM
I believe I was already using 4.0.5.0, but just in case I DLd the latest. Still getting invalid taskaction Create from the filesystem create function.
-------------------
Jason Cusati

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:02 AM, mikefourie <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

depends how you installed. either the add / remove progrmas will list it or look at the assemblies.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MSBuildExtensionPack@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MSBuildExtensionPack@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Aug 3, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Actually, I just realized that it was not the right DLL in there. I have the correct one now, and the Create is no longer failing. However, i cannot get any results from ExecuteReader. I'm trying to query the db for file names and then pass it to the Create function. I then want to execute a store procedure using that same query and call writelines. at the moment though I can't get reader to return results. RawResults works, but that doesn't help with split it into multiple files. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jason
-------------------
Jason Cusati

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Jason Cusati <djjay0131@gmail.com> wrote:
I believe I was already using 4.0.5.0, but just in case I DLd the latest. Still getting invalid taskaction Create from the filesystem create function.
-------------------
Jason Cusati

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:02 AM, mikefourie <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:09 PM

OK, I just reviewed the source, and I see that the execute reader feature has not actually been implemented.  Is this something that's on the list to implement?  Is there an alternative way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?  

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM

What do you mean execute reader is not implemented?

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Never mind, I just re-read through the source code, it's implemented. I don't understand why I'm not getting any results out of the RResult property though.

RawResult returns data but ReaderResult does not. Here's my XML:

<MSBuild.ExtensionPack.SqlServer.SqlExecute
TaskAction="ExecuteReader"
Sql="select distinct m.datasource, cts.description, 'load_' + cts.description + '.sql' as loadscriptfilename
from usr_conversionmap m
inner join stagingtablenamecode cts on m.stagingtablenamecodeid = cts.id
where sourcetablename not in ('Constant', 'Derived') and fieldgroupname <> 'REFERENCE'
order by datasource, cts.description "
ConnectionString="$(ConversionEFAConnectionString)">
<Output PropertyName="RResult" TaskParameter="ReaderResult"/>
<Output PropertyName="FScripts" TaskParameter="FailedScripts"/>
</MSBuild.ExtensionPack.SqlServer.SqlExecute>

<Message Text="File names: @(RResult)"/>
<Message Text="File names: @(FScripts)"/>
<Message Text="File names: %(RResult.description)"/>
<Message Text="File names: %(RResult.loadscriptfilename)"/>

<MSBuild.ExtensionPack.FileSystem.File TaskAction="Create" Files="$(MSBuildProjectDirectory)\Project Outputs\Scripts\%(RResult.datasource\%(RResult.loadscriptfilename)" />
-------------------
Jason Cusati

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 6:35 AM, mikefourie <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

What do you mean execute reader is not implemented?

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2012 at 2:37 PM

the outputs are Items, so try

<Output ItemName="RResult" TaskParameter="ReaderResult"/>

Mike

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Thanks, that did it....
-------------------
Jason Cusati

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 9:37 AM, mikefourie <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

the outputs are Items, so try

<Output ItemName="RResult" TaskParameter="ReaderResult"/>

Mike