SqlCmd.ContinueOnError : Possible bug or invalid documentation

Jan 15, 2009 at 2:55 PM
Documentation states that default value for ContinueOnError of MSBuild.ExtensionPack.SqlServer.SqlCmd is false. I think that this is not correct. Default is true and MSBuild continues on errors.
Jan 15, 2009 at 4:21 PM
To put it differently, how should I configure my SqlCmd task so that the following message is considered an error and build does not continue?
Msg 1934, Level 16, State 1, Server MYSERVER, Line 3
UPDATE failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'QUOTED_IDENTIFIER'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or query notifications and/or xml data type methods.

Feb 11, 2009 at 12:05 AM
Any update on this one?
Feb 11, 2009 at 11:48 AM
Yes, expect a fix / guidance later today. Sorry for the delay... Mike
Feb 12, 2009 at 1:39 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Aug 6, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Hi, I am having the same problem - has there been any updates (just downloaded the lastest release)?.

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:30 PM

The fix for this was to add a SeverityLevel (Controls the severity level that is used to set the ERRORLEVEL variable. If the ERRORLEVEL reported is >= SeverityLevel then the task will log an error.) property. You can use this to control when the task should error.

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply - works a treat!