VC 6.0

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:06 PM

has anyone tried compiling a VC++ 6.0 Project using extension pack ?

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I couldnt find a compiler for VC6 in the extention pack, the olnly solution is you got amend the source code with VC6 Compiler

I did add it to 3.5.5.0 version and it works

Coordinator
Feb 26, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Hi

Could you submit the code you added for inclusion in a future release.

thanks

Mike

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Here are the changes I made to get VC6 to build.

1) The property SolutionPlatform is optional but treated as required in DevEnv.GenerateCommandLineCommands. I modified the method to check whether SolutionPlatform is specified as follows:

protected override string GenerateCommandLineCommands()
{
    if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(this.SolutionPlatform))
    {
        commands.AppendFormat(" \"{0}|{1}\"", this.SolutionConfiguration, this.SolutionPlatform);
    }
    else
    {
        commands.AppendFormat(" \"{0}\"", this.SolutionConfiguration);
    }
}

2) The output from the IDE is not parsed correctly. I modified the ProjectCompilationRegex to correct it as follows:

protected Regex get_ProjectCompilationRegex()
{
    if (this.projectCompilationRegex == null)
    {
        this.projectCompilationRegex = new Regex("(?:(?:Build|Rebuild All) started: Project: (?<Project>[^,]+), Configuration:|Configuration: (?<Project>[^-]+) -)");
    }
    return this.projectCompilationRegex;
}

3) The task attributes should be specified as follows. Note that the OutputFile property must not be used in order to have Errors and Warnings included in the build results.

<MSBuild.ExtensionPack.Tfs.DevEnv TeamFoundationServerUrl="$(TeamFoundationServerUrl)" BuildUri="$(BuildUri)"
  Solution="$(BuildProjectFolderPath)/App/VC6/VC6.dsw" ToolExe="..\..\MSDev98\Bin\msdev.com" AdditionalCommandLineSwitches="/REBUILD"
  SolutionConfiguration="ALL - RELEASE" SolutionPlatform="" Target="MAKE" Version="6"
  />